Taking care of yourself, your friends, and your family can help you cope with the pandemic stress. Helping others cope with their stress can also make your community stronger. Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting. Here are a few ways to cope with stress.
- Take care of your body
- Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals
- Exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep
- Avoid alcohol and drugs
- Make time to unwind. Try to do other activities you enjoy
- Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling